On the occasion of launching the activities of the SASPARM project Seismic Risk Mitigation in Palestine and the visit of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for disaster risk reduction Ms. Margareta Wahlstrom,
Under the patronage of the President of An-Najah National University (NNU); Professor Rami Hamdallah, with the participation of Ms. Margareta Wahlstrom.
The Urban Planning and Disaster Risk Reduction Center at the University is honored to invite you to participate in the workshop entitled:
Disaster Risk Mitigation in Palestine
The main discussion topics of the workshop are:
- How to make cities more resilient?
- Safepublicinstitutions (Schools and hospitals)
- An overview of the SASPARM project (funded by EU - FP7 projects)
The workshop will also include a panel session. The panel will be comprised of representatives from ministries and Palestinian institutions engaged in Disaster Risk Reduction.
Date: Tuesday 26th February, 2013
Location: NNU New Campus;
- Registration and Opening Ceremony to be held in the Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater.
- Workshop sessions to be held in the Korean - Palestinian IT Institute of Excellence, Conference Hall
For more information: Please call 09-2344121 and check the attached activity-schedule.