SASPARM Workshop Invitation
The Engineers Association and Disaster Risk Reduction Centre/ Earth Sciences and Seismic Engineering Centre at An-Najah National University cordially invites you to attend and participate in a workshop on:
“Seismic Design in 100 minutes”
The workshop will review the minimum requirements of buildings to be resistant to earthquakes during a 100-minute lecture. This forms part of the Disaster Risk Mitigation in Palestine (SASPARM-FP7) Project and the action plan of the Engineers Association, relating to the adoption of seismic design of buildings in Palestine.
Target group: Engineers: Architectural, building and civil engineers in engineering offices, contractors and governmental and non-governmental institutions.
Venue: Hebron City - Engineers Association.
Date: Sunday, 11 May 2014, 10am.
To confirm your attendance, please call us on 022252333 or 0599277749.
Key local partners for the Disaster Risk Mitigation activities are:
1. Ministry of Public Work and Housing.
2. Ministry of Local Government.
3. Ministry of Education.
4. General Directorate of Civil Defense.
5. National Agency for Disaster Risk Mitigation.
- Registration: 9.30- 10.00 am.
- Opening: 10.00- 10.20 am.
- The “Seismic Design in 100 minutes” Lecture: 10.20- 12.00 pm.
- Break: 12.00- 12.20 pm.
- Questions and Answers Session: 12.20- 01.00 pm.